The apparatus has been designed to demonstrate the phenomena of cavitation. The present set-up consists of a test section made of acrylic having conversion and diversion section. Pressure tapings at appropriate position are provided. This test section is having one control valve at upstream side to regulate the water flow rate. Two pressure gauges are connected to these taping which give the pressure readout at the time of flow passing through this test section.
The unit is self-contained close circuit type with sump tank, measuring tank and centrifugal pump. Flow through test section can be regulated with the help provided by-pass and control valve.
- Test section : material acrylic
- Pressure gauge : 0-4 kg/cm2
- Vacuum gauge : 0-760 mm hg
- Water circulation : by pump standard make.
- Flow measurement : measuring tank (capacity : 40 liters) &
- stop watch : Electronic
- Sump tank : capacity : 60 liters
- Tanks will be made of stainless steel.
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure