Compaction Factor Apparatus
Compaction Factor Apparatus – Laboratory Equipment
The apparatus is used for determining the work-ability of fresh concrete, provided the maximum size of the aggregate does not exceed 38 mm. The test is particularly useful for concrete mixes of very low work-ability where true slump values are not reliable.
- The apparatus consists of two conical hoppers having a hinged trap door attached to the lower end of each hopper.
- Allowing the concrete sample to flow freely into the cylindrical mould.
- The hoppers and the mould are mounted onto a rigid steel frame and are easily removable for cleaning.
- It consists of two rigid conical hoppers and a cylinder mounted on a rigid metal frame.
- The lower openings of the hoppers are fitted with hinged trap-doors having quick release catches.
- A circular metal plate is provided to cover the top of the cylinder.
- Supplied complete with one plaster’s trowel and one tamping rod, 16 mm dia x 600 mm long, one end rounded.
- Size: 16 mm x 600 mm long
- Maximum size of aggregate: 38 mm