Conversion of galvanometer into voltmeter
Conversion of galvanometer into voltmeter – Electronics Laboratory Equipment
- To convert a voltage to a current, use ohm’s law to select the resistor.
- Subtract the resistance of the galvanometer if it is known.
- If the galvanometer is 100 μA full scale and you want to display 10 V full scale then you will need a total of 100 K ohm resistance in series including the meter
- Instrument comprises of DC Regulated Power Supply 0-5 V DC/150 mA
- Two round meters (One Voltmeter & One Galvanometer)
- Three set of resistances mounted behind the panel,
- Connections of supplies,
- Meters & Resistances brought out at 4 mm Sockets.