Forced Convection Apparatus
Forced Convection Apparatus: Scientific Equipment
- The LABAPPARA unit consists of mainly a centrifugal blower, electrically heated test section, control valve to regulate the airflow and an orifice-meter and U-tube water manometer for flow measurement.
- Thermocouples are used to measure the pipe wall temperature and also the air temperature at inlet and exit.
- The apparatus mainly designed to find out the value of heat transfer coefficient under the air different conditions.
- Heat transfer in forced convection can be studied well.
- The value of heat transfer coefficient is calculated under various fluid flow conditions.
- Ideal for group studies & demonstration.
- Test pipe – 32mm NB GI pipe, 500 mm. long, heated by band heater, outside.
- Centrifugal blower to force air through test pipe with How control valve.
- Variac 2A, capacity to force air through test pipe with flow control valve.
- An orifice meter with differential water manometer.
- Voltmeter and Ammeter to measure heater input.
- Multichannel digital temperature indicator to measures various temperatures.
- A technical manual accompanies the unit.
- Temperature indicator = 0 –300 0C
- Ammeter = 0 – 5 A
- Voltmeter = 0 – 300 V
- Dimmerstat = 1000 watt
- Heater =Mica Covered Type
- Delivery Pipe Diameter (di) = 0.032 m
- Length of test Section (L) = 0.44 m
- Orifice Meter Diameter (do) = 0.014 m
- Blower = 1/3 H.P. Single Phase with Motor
- Manometer = Water Manometer
- Test Section Insulation = Asbestos Rope
- Bench area of about 1m. x 0.75 m. at working height
- 239V, 15A, AC, supply with earthing connection