In an ideal C.S.T.R (i.e. an ideal steady state flow reactor) the contents in reactor are well mixed and have uniform composition throughout. Thus the exit stream has the same composition as the fluid within the reactor. This type of reactor is known as mixed flow reactor. This set-up is used to study a non-catalytic homogeneous second order liquid phase reaction under iso-thermal condition. The set up consists of two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor. Rota-meters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on respective Rota-meter. The compressed air is used for circulation of feed. The C.S.T.R is fitted with stirrer for proper mixing. From top outlet of it samples are collected for analysis. Constant temperature water bath arrangement is provided to conduct the experiment at various temperatures. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed air line.
- Reactor: Material Stainless Steel, Capacity 2 Ltrs (Approx).
- Stirrer : Stainless Steel Impeller and shaft coupled with FHP Motor
- Feed Tank (2 Nos.) : Material Stainless Steel, Capacity – 20 Ltrs
- Feed Circulation: By compressed air.
- Flow Measurement: Rota-meter 2 Nos. (one each for Reactants).
- Piping : Stainless Steel and PVC.
- Pressure Regulator : 0-2 Kg/cm2
- Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2
- Stop Watch : Electronic
- Control Panel comprises of : Standard make on off switch, Mains Indicator.
- Most of the parts are powder coated and rest are painted with auto paints.