The Set-up is designed to verify Reynold’s Apparatus experimentally. The Apparatus consists of a glass tube which one end having bell mouth entrance connected to a water tank. At the other end of the glass tube a cock is provided to vary the rate of flow. Flow rate of water can be measured with the help of Measuring Cylinder and Stop Watch, supplied with the set-up. A capillary tube is introduced centrally in the bell mouth. To this tube dye is fed from a small container, placed at the top of Constant head Tank, through polythene tubing.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: –
- Tube : Material Borosilicate Glass
- Dye Vessel : Material SS, Suitable Capacity
- Capillary Tube : Material Copper/Stainless Steel
- Constant Head Water Tank : Capacity 40 Liters.
- Water Circulation : FHP Pump
- Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Cylinder
- Sump Tank : Capacity 60 Liters.
- Stop Watch : Electronic
- Control Panel Comprises of : Standard make, On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
- The Whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure.