Crompton Potentiometer – Physics Laboratory Equipment
- Crompton direct reading type, consisting of 8 coils and a circular slid wire.
- The scale is divided into 200 parts with potential drop of 200 milli volts.
- Direct reading with arrangement for standardizing with a standard cell.
- Fine & coarse rheostats are provided for adjusting the slide wire.
- Current range .001 to 1.8 volts manganian coils without standard cell and accessories.
- Each Slide wire division is equal to 1/2 milli volt or 500 micro volts.
- Coarse and fine rheostats are provided. Terminals for 2 volts battery, Galvanometer , standard cell are provided on the panel.
- Current is of the order of 125 m A. This potentiometer is supplied with a self standardization circuit built in, which renders standardization dependent on setting of voltage dials