Wind Tunnel- Engineering Equipment
- Wind tunnel is a tool used in aerodynamic research to study the effects of air moving past solid objects.
- A wind tunnel consists of a tubular passage with the object under test mounted in the middle.
- Air is made to move past the object by a powerful fan system or other means.
- The test object, often called a wind tunnel model is instrumented with suitable sensors to measure aerodynamic forces, pressure distribution, or other aerodynamic-related characteristics.
- Type : Open type Wind Tunnel.
- Test Section : 300mm x 300mm x 1000 mm. long with two Perspex windows.
- Blower Fan : 10 blades /nylon fan.
- Motor : 5 HP D.C shunt motor, 1500rpm.
- Speed Controller : 3 phase, thyristor controller to give smooth Speed control.
- Air Velocity : In test section – 1 to 25 m/sec.
- Duct : Manufactured out of ms sheet.
- Length of Tunnel : 7 meter Approx.
- Manometer : 15 tube acrylic manometer with inclination arrangement.
- Pitot tube